Please see our updates below
- The Irish Government has issued further measures to control the spread of Covid-19
- People have been advised to stay at home until 12/4/2020 unless they meet these exemption requirements
- The cleaning of buildings is allowed in cases where this supports other essential services
- Cleaning services should only take place when the cleaner and customer(s) are displaying no signs of Covid-19 and are following the health advice of the Irish Government
- The Irish Government also stresses that under no circumstances should work be carried out where a person is isolating or being shielded
- Cleaning should only happen when both the cleaner and customer(s) have confirmed they are following the Irish Government’s advice, have no Covid-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, at their own discretion and only where the cleaning supports an essential service, as defined by the Irish Government here
How are we ensuring safety across our platform?
We have provided safety guidance following official guidelines from the Irish Government to all providers on our platform. These include:
- Asking cleaners to reschedule their clean if they are showing signs or have contracted Covid-19 following the Irish Government's health advice. advice
- Advising cleaners ensure sufficient distancing during cleans
- Advising cleaners to take extra precautions and implement Covid-19 specific cleaning measures
What measures have cleaners been advised to take?
- Avoid all physical greetings
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres at all times with customers
- Ensure cleaners bring extra cleaning gloves, extra shoes, hand sanitiser / soap and [masks if requested]
- To spend extra time on cleaning ‘high-contact’ items such as handles, taps, gadgets and remotes
- To change dirty water even more frequently
- Ensure all materials used are washed at a temperature of 60°C
- To ensure the customer has the correct products effective against Covid-19 found here from the National Environment Agency
- To wash hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water and to dry them on paper disposable paper towels where possible
- To catch coughs and sneezes with disposable paper towels and to dispose of them immediately. When this isn’t possible, to cough and sneeze into their elbows to avoid infecting others
To reiterate, please find a comprehensive list of household disinfectants / cleaning products effective against coronaviruses here
What can you do to help your cleaner during this time?
The 2 ways to support your cleaner are to:
- Reduce the duration of your bookings - you are free to reduce this to any amount you wish. Again, this is only advised if you are following the COVID-19 healthcare guidelines set out by the Irish Government
- Pause your relationship with your cleaner so that you can resume it when you feel comfortable doing so.
If you need any assistance with this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] - we're always here to help!